To ensure the best quality reproduction for your order,
please read and follow the following tips on choosing photos...
1. Always submit original unedited photo files in JPEG, PNG or PDF formats.
2. Never submit files from social media sites as they are tiny files and will not work. They print pixelly and look horrible!
3. Okay we are not joking, photos from social media sites, they don't work and your photos are not different from everyone else's, we have seen hundreds of them...
4. I-phones & camera phones - unfortunately the public has been fooled into taking all of their precious photos with these devices and you will never be able to print these photos! While they look great on the tiny screen and the files sizes seem large enough, these photos are snowy, fuzzy and blurry. Please avoid submitting these files.
In some situations we may be able to use these on smaller sized cookies, but the quality is not there so its best to use a photo from a real digital camera.
(please promise us you will stop taking your precious photos on theses devices, we know you have a real digital camera)
5. Digital photos vs printed photos...digital format will always give you the best result, but we understand in some situations there is no other option than a physical printed photo. Please do not bring us a photo printed on a laser or inkjet printer as the quality is not good enough.
6. Digital files, how to submit the photo? They can be upload directly to the order if you are ordering from our online store. If you are ordering over the phone you can email us the file firstname.lastname@example.org if prompted to select size of file always select largest file size or original file size. If you are coming in person to order you can bring the file on memory stick or memory stick
(please note file name so we do not need to look through 1000 photos)
7. Select a photo with good colour and contrast, dark photos with dark colours will not reproduce well.
8. Yes, we can crop your photo and we prefer to do it instead of you, this way we have a better file size to work with and can crop it to fit the printing size
(which is not the same as cookie / cake size)
9. How big of a file can you use? Honesty we have not found a file that is too big. Ideally we like to use a file of 1MG or larger, we really can not use files under 250k
most digital cameras take photos of 1MG - 10MG
10. We can not work miracles...we make a copy of the orginal and we generally can not make it BETTER than the original. A good rule of thumb is the better the original the better the finished product.
11. Scanned photos...while we don't want to discourage this, most scanned photos are very poor quality, small file sizes. We have seen lots of these scanned on dirty scanners where we see dust, hair and ???? All of these imperfection will show in the finished product and there is nothing we can do about it. If we need to work from an original file, we prefer if you bring us the photo if possible. If not please scan it in the highest quality and make sure your scanner is clean.
12. Please remember we are reproducing you photo / graphic in edible form and while most colours reproduce very close to the original, some colours may look different
(pinks & purples seem to be the toughest)
13. You must legally have the right to use the photo / graphic you provide to us.
We obey all copyright laws and will not reproduce anything that would violate this.
14. What about licensed images from pro sports teams, Disney, etc?
We have licensing agreements in place for NHL, NBA, MLB, coming soon NFL and a variety of other licensed properties such as Disney and others.
That being said we can only use the approved images we have on file, so even though we can reproduce Mickey Mouse it is only the files we have and not any Mickey Mouse image. This policy is not up for negotiation.
If you have any questions please call us 204-831-9094
Copyright . My Photo Cookie & more. All rights reserved.